May 3, 2011

Undone

Some of my favorite items are in our foyer, which I was going to redo in January to tie everything together more asthetically. Fast forward to May and another unchecked task on my list. Now here comes summer (June, July, August, Sept...) and if the pool is open and the sun is shining, it goes without saying... The bench is from Overstock, the urn from Homegoods and the pillows from Pottery Barn. The ficus was handed down to me from my grandmother when I moved into my 1st apartment in 1995. I've had some close calls with the plant, but she always recovers and is one of my most cherished possessions.
I love these pillows and the BEST part...the baby can't break them!

Wrought iron pineapple...the country house catalog circa 2000.


One of a pair of vases handed down to me by my mom....I love the colors and they flank the front door, filled with eucalyptus.


Twins....recent lighting additions that take you from the entrance into the kitchen.




My hopes for this room (in the fall) is to add a vintage drop-front table that I have to paint (the same green as in the vases), some rugs and add some more items to the walls. It is the first place you see when entering a home, so I want it to be super~warm and inviting! After the summer....




Joining some linky parties, including:




Photobucket

No comments: