May 25, 2011

The Calm... {Semi} Wordless Wednesday

I want to say...before the storm, but I can't because my heart aches for the people in the South and Midwest who've had to endure unthinkable, life-changing storms over the past few weeks. They are in my thoughts and prayers. I will never complain about snow again, as it's the worst weather we get on the Jersey Shore. The menial storm I would have previously referred to is tourists. This weekend we will begin to share our shore with them for the next few months. I'm not complaining, they ensure that our area thrives and they make for some pretty good people watching! The peaceful boardwalk will shortly be filled with families and...
Jersey Shore wanna-be's (they're not here people, they are terrorizing Italy).

There is a buzz round here, it's as if waking up from a long winter nap. Landscapers & pool companies are frantic getting homes ready for bbq's and parties, there are racks and racks and racks of hot dog and burger buns at the Stop & Shop, beach chair vendors and farm stands are popping up on the sides of highways and glow-sticks are sold out at the Dollar Tree.


I can't imagine how many pounds of lemons and sausages are being ordered for just this weekend...


I am wishing all of you a wonderful holiday weekend spent with family and friends!





Photobucket

No comments: