January 31, 2011

Two-fer (Happy Homemaker Monday)

I am borrowing this from http://housekeepinginprogress.blogspot.com/2011/01/happy-homemaker-monday.html. Can you tell I'm slightly bored @ work...2 posts 1 day.

The weather in my neck of the woods:Gee…another snow/ice storm….shocker!

Things that make me happy:
Deep belly baby giggles and when my hubby loads the dishwasher to my specifications.


Book I'm reading:Nada….although I do sneak in some Southern Living when I get a sec…

What's on my TV today: It will be the weather channel when I get home from work and some Sprout while I prep dinner.

On the menu for dinner:Chicken marsala(thanx mom!)and pasta, roasted asparagus

On my To Do List:
Well it’s Monday, so not much…get home from work, laundry, prep dinner, take some pics for home tour Tuesday, bathe baby and hopefully be in bed by 9 ;-)

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I need to get more creative with risotto…

In the craft basket:
Ummm…I may stick some potpourri in a jar ~ I completely FAILed my January craft goals. Such is life.

Looking forward to this week:
Snow (NOT), dinner with a good friend and a Superbowl party aka munchfest…

Tips and Tricks:
I have some REALLY good ones, I am sure I must….let me get back to you ;-p

My favorite blog post this week:
This is a great idea…check it out http://thepaintedhome.blogspot.com/2011/01/s-l-t-e-c-o-s-t-e-r-s.html

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers): Nicole is a genius with a camera…truly. Check out her blog here:
http://oncloud8.blogspot.com/

Lesson learned the past few days:
Sit & play with the kids….the laundry, scrubbing, ironing, etc…will get done.


On my mind:
I’m ready to get my hands dirty and start spring pruning, planting and all that yard work jazz….cept’ the snow won’t melt!

No comments: