January 5, 2011

Feeling nostalgic

The outbuilding in the back was a cottage/studio apartment that was luckily rented out ($) with wonderful tentants
The sidewalks were unique, perfect for my quirky little beach town

A little wooden boat from the 1920's sat atop the river rock in the cottages "front yard"


Collin diving into his crocodile pool! In the background, our shaded hammock, over a bed of ivy

Our beloved Maggie (rest in peace) muching on zebra grass

As we sit still covered in multiple inches of snow, with more maybe on the way, I am remembering fondly my previous residence on a splendid summer day. We moved from my "bachelorette" pad almost 2 years ago, and I still get slightly depressed when thinking about it or coming across old photos of it. It was a 1915 bungalow a block from the beach, falling apart on the inside (band-aided nicely with distractions), but the yard was often complimented on by neighbors and passers-by.

I was very proud of the yard and landscaping that I did all-by-myself (I sound 6). But I did, often taking an afternoon off from work to do so and the feeling of satisfaction and pride when all the work was done and I walked the property admiring my work.

So I share with you some photos of my old 60x100 plot. Currently our property (too large) needs a ton of work, which I hope to resume some day when kids can help ;-) and housework get caught up, but in the meantime I will revel in my past accomplishments.











No comments: