October 16, 2013

Hutton Home Office {ORC week three}


“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” Albert Camus

Don't you just love Fall?


Light fixture came in ~ waiting for electrician.


Going to get the kids involved with the room.  Blank canvases and craft paint in shades that match the rug.


A small closet door embellishment.  Subtle, as I don't want to make the room too busy. {Sneak peek below}


Accessories - Check.


Chair from Home Goods. Still trying to figure out what to do/hang in this alcove.  Decorative or practical; I have faith it will all come together.


Shopping my house for items for my room. Additional seating or a place to set a drink.  While slightly stressful, this challenge is too fun.  I'm really enjoying checking out the amazing talent involved.

My Tips:  

Get the kids involved - have them make an art project.  $12 for blank canvases, paints and brushes.  The finished, signed & dated artwork = priceless.

Shop clearance.  Most of my items are clearance, online specials or coupon sales.  My PB light fixture after rewards coupons was $29.

Shop your home.  Swapping decorative items from room to room is a breath of fresh air.

To see what the One Room Challenge is all about, check it out here.

Thanks for visiting!



Sneak Peek

No comments: