October 31, 2013

Hutton Home Office {ORC week five}

Coming down to the wire!  Week five of the One Room Challenge.  Thanks to Linda for opening it up to all!

My progress to date: Week One, Week Two, Week Three, Week Four.

Here we go...


My blind solution.  As my budget waned, I found these paper blinds from Lowe's for $6.  The gray, room-darkening shades actually look okay and will work nicely until I order my wood blinds after Christmas.

Still need to steam the curtains.


Homework station has remained the same since the beginning.  I added the stencil to the closet doors temporarily.  I plan to chalkboard wall them after the holidays, as well as hunt for a low-profile bookcase.


Simple, but elegant chair from Homegoods.


Family artwork almost ready to hang.  I brought the stencil into the larger canvas to tie the room together.


Shopping my home for accents.  Moving these from the living room, my grandfathers antique binoculars will work perfectly.


Some more accents borrowed from the boys bathroom and family room. 

Still to do...hang EVERYTHING!  Waiting til' the midnight hour to hang the wall decor.  I am going to give the room a final cleaning, lay the carpet, arrange the furniture, and add some fresh elements for final photos.

After all of this and that, I'm not going to want my husband and boys in there!

Final look at my inspiration photos:






I'm really humbled to be a part of this challenge, I'm in amazing company!

Thanks for visiting!


No comments: