June 23, 2011

Roasted Veggie Tart {Recipe Swaps}

It's not mine...I'm "plagiarising"!! But, it's my moms, so I think I'll be ok ;-) Mom made this to bring to my in-laws on Father's Day and received rave reviews. I've not made this myself, but it's on my short list. Enjoy!



Roasted Veggie Tart

(From my mom June 2011)


Ingredients:

1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
4 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium Vidalia onion, chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 sheets refrigerated pie pastry
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
Minced fresh basil, optional

In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, 3 tablespoons oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Transfer to an ungreased baking pan. Bake at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and moisture has evaporated, stirring every 10 minutes.


Lightly grease a rectangular pan; place pastry on prepared pan. Spoon vegetable mixture over pastry to within 1-1/2 inch of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush pastry with remaining oil.


Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Cut into squares. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 8 servings.




Photobucket


No comments: