April 3, 2014

Crew's Quarters {ORC week one} Playroom Bath

I am so excited to be participating in Calling it Home's One Room Challenge as a linking participant.  If you are new here or followed our home office in last Fall's challenge, welcome!

To see that ORC room from start to finish, click here.


This year I will be doing our boys playroom bathroom, which I will lightheartedly be calling the "Crews Quarters".

A nod to the nautical theme I hope to convey in the bath.


So here is where we start.  A small 3/4 bath.  A room without windows; I shall lighten the room with paint, fixtures, textiles and accessories.


Nautical, beachy, coastal, I can do.  As a resident of the beautiful Jersey Shore, my inspiration is unlimited.



This bath is just in from our deck and exterior entrance where we and guests rinse off beach sand and chlorine.  It is also the bath we use for parties in the summer, so it gets a lot of traffic.


The closet also stores our sports equipment and Costco hauls.


We want it to be more aesthetically pleasing for the kids and our guests.  Until now it was just...there.







Fixtures are coming down, electric is being upgraded, paint is being sampled, the door came off for easier access and photo purposes.


This is my inspiration board from via Polyvore.

Goals:
Paint Room
Replace lighting, mirror, shower head, towel racks/hooks, closet door, artwork/accessories.
Flooring?
Tile/wood feature
DIY Art

You can find my Pinterest inspiration board for this room here...Playroom Bath Redo

A special thank~you to Linda from Calling it Home for hosting this fun event.

Thanks for visiting!


No comments: