April 30, 2014

Crew's Quarters {ORC week five} Playroom Bath


Leaving on a jet plane...

We are leaving today for a wedding weekend in Chicago and I am really excited to go and spend time with family and friends!  Follow me on Instagram, to follow our adventures in the windy city!  

However, my room is not done.  I {hopefully} will get it done before next week, but I'm not going to stress.

Our playroom bath has come along way in 5 weeks.


Lighting and electric have been completed.  Thanks so much to Pottery Barn, whose customer service was quick and hassle-free when I received a defective item.


Electric has been upgraded and made safer and the lovely mirror is up.


Thanks to my husband for building the shelving that will be more practical than what we had.  I just need to throw a quick coat of paint on them.


A few quick spray paint projects have transformed my accessories.  My S/U/N hook plan fell through, but I painted some cheap hooks from Lowe's the color of the sun...


So that's where I am at. I'm pleased with my progress.  

Stop by next week for the finale and see some pretty and fun accessories!

I still have some projects that I want to purse in the future, like a plank wall and flooring.  But home-keeping is a never-ending  endeavor. 

This is where I started:


And this was my inspiration:


Please visit Linda @ Calling it Home to see more amazing spaces.  The company I am in this go-around is pretty awesome...

Thanks for visiting!


14 comments:

Summer Hogan said...

Looks great!! I can't wait for the reveal!

Dana Casey said...

i love that art and the newly painted frame you did! hope you had fun in the windy city. good luck for next week. xoxo, dana

silverwaterpearls said...

Spray painting the hooks that yellow is super cute--cant wait to see the rest of the space in your final reveal!

Kathleen said...

Looking great so far! Those hooks are awesome. I love the yellow. Good luck this week!

Lauren -ThisGirlDecor said...

I love that you painted the frame white- when I saw it on Instagram I thought yep it looks more beachy white! Can't wait to see it when it's all done!
-Lauren

Delia said...

I'm super excited to see the reveal Traci! Enjoy yourself in Chicago.

Krista @ Goodwill Glam said...

Enjoy Chicago! Be forewarned...it's cold and rainy here. I love the beach feel so far. Can't wait to see it completed!

XO,
Krista

Carrie @ Cosy Carolina Interiors said...

The mirror is gorgeous and I love the painted picture frames and sunny hooks! Have a great trip! I love weddings and Chicago!

Sherry Calamia said...

Can't wait to see it all pulled together! Enjoy yourself in Chicago!

Calypso In The Country said...

Can't wait to see it finished! Have fun in Chicago!
-Shelley

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Traci, you've done such a great job! How pretty is that mirror?! Have a wonderful time in the Windy City and enjoy the wedding. You are right, there is no end to house projects, so all your plans will get done at some point!

Shelia Dowd said...

Have fun in Chicago - and don't stress - you've got this! I really like your accessories!
Shelia
www.houseofhighlands.com

aquahaus said...

You're almost done!! Have a great time, and see you (your gorgeous room) next week.

Sam @ The Junk House said...

I love that mirror! Can't wait to see the full reveal!