April 15, 2011

Spring Sandwich {let's eat recipe swap}

Apple~Cranberry Tuna Salad Sandwich

Apple~Cranberry Tuna Salad Sandwich (Remixed by me via Real Simple)


7 oz. Canned tuna, packed in water, drained

2 tbsp. dried cranberries

½ apple, shredded (I used a mix of granny smith/red delish)

2 tbsp. Mayonnaise

Slices of extra sharp cheddar, thickness depends on your taste

Ciabatta Roll, or bread of choice

Fresh greens/lettuce of choice (I used boston)


Mash tuna with a fork until fine, mix with mayonnaise. Gently fold in apples shreds and cranberries. Let the mixture sit for an hour or two, so that the flavors meld together.


Slice Ciabatta roll, put a scoop or two of tuna mixture, top with cheddar and greens. Voila ~ a fresh new lunch option!


I would have never ordered this out, but when a similar sandwich was ordered in at work, I decided to give it a try…De-Lish. I prefer vegetables to fruit, so this at the very least enables me to get an additional fruit serving in…works great for the kiddies, too!


A Spring sandwich finished off with some vanilla confetti cupcakes!

Photobucket

No comments: