April 28, 2011

Rosemary~Chicken Kabobs {Recipe Swaps}

Rosemary~Chicken Kabobs I use rosemary so much, I just bought a tree :)
the marinade Fresh veggies

Thread em'




Rosemary ~ Chicken Kabobs
(From Southern Living April 2011)

Yes, I am doing another SL recipe…I will gladly relocate to come work in your test kitchens…just ask…

1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
4 garlic cloves, pressed
1T fresh rosemary leaves(rough chopped)
1t salt
1t Dijon mustard
1lb chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 large green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 pt cherry tomatoes
1 package of fresh mushrooms
Skewers

Preheat grill to 350* to 400* (medium high) heat. Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Pour half of olive oil mixture into a shallow dish or zip top bag; add chicken, turning to coat. Cover or seal and let stand (At least 10 minutes, I soaked for 90 minutes)

Pour remaining olive oil mixture into another bowl or freezer bag; add tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers and toss to coat; cover or seal and let stand (again, I soaked them for 90 minutes).

Remove chicken and veggies from marinade (discarding the marinade). Thread chicken and veggies alternately onto skewers.

Grill kabobs, on a covered grill for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is done and veggies are tender, turning occasionally. Remove kabobs from grill and let stand 5 minutes before serving.



Fresh & healthy warm weather meal! I served the kabobs with a macaroni salad this go-around and may serve with a fresh fruit salad in the future. This will be a staple for us this summer ~ Enjoy!





Photobucket





9 comments:

Kristy said...

I love the way kabobs looks! Looks delicious!

And I could totally see the cupcakes done in red, white and blue. That would be so cute

Fash Boulevard said...

yum. this looks so so so good. super glad I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog 2 months ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

daphne @ flip flops and pearls said...

Thanks for linking up & playing today!!

These look so yum & I love rosemary:)

Hope your weekend is a blessed one♥

Little Brick Ranch said...

Don't you just LOVE fresh rosemary? I just planted my planters of herbs and, naturally, we got 2 inches of snow right after. I am hoping something survives but I am guessing I will be replanting my seeds soon!! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday. I hope to see you again next week!!

theyuppiefiles said...

This looks delicious! Simple in flavors, in the way you want on a warm spring day. I'll be trying these for sure!

Tina (PinayInTexas) said...

Your Rosemary Chicken Kabobs look so good!
Following you now from Foodie Friday! Have a great weekend!

Tina@Pinay In Texas Cooking Corner

Sundresses and Smiles said...

Yum! I love rosemary, so I'm sure I'd love this recipe and kabobs just always make me think of summer, which I'm SO ready for! Have a blast at your girls night this weekend, and yes, I agree bowling is always a fun treat!

Ruth said...

They look wonderful.

Martha said...

Yum, they look fantastic! I'm here from the Foodie Friday party.