April 13, 2015

Sun Room Refresher

Picture it.  Sun room off a house built in the the late 70's.  Dark brown paneling, beige indoor/outdoor carpet, drop ceiling and cloudy, aluminum jalousie windows.  Dark, musty and dreary...certainly not living up to the status of sun room.

My neighbor is a wonder with all of the projects he does around their home.  Custom tile, interior doors, closets, kitchen...the list goes on and on, but this is my favorite.


I wish I had a proper before photo.  New windows, wood-look tile flooring, recessed lighting, patio doors and paint, make this a swoon-worthy room.


I am completely jealous.


The flooring and paint (that they let their talented 8yo daughter choose) complement each other perfectly!


The ceiling is cedar that was hidden atop a dropped ceiling.  They opted to keep it exposed.


Such a stunner of a room!  They are creating a yard-crasher-esque patio over the next few weeks.  I will share that as well...

Thanks for visiting!

Photobucket/

No comments: