April 30, 2015

One Room Challenge ~ Tween Room {Week Five}

Down to the wire...week 5!  We got so much accomplished this week, I'm feeling pretty good.



Carpet was installed last Thursday.  I was kind of disappointed that the carpet wasn't what I envisioned, but honestly, I love it now. 


It's still sandy-esque!


I thought the bed would polish up a bit more, but I don't mind the patina.  The bed is OLD and looks amazing in the room.  That being said, we have to keep jumping on it to a minimum!


This room is simply the most charming in our home and gets amazing light.


Windows and blinds were washed and final trim/window seat paint completed. 


Originally, I was going to use a bamboo folding chair at the desk, but I'm loving this captains chair from my husbands college coaching days.


Linens have been washed and pressed.  I need some throw pillows, but basically I'm keeping it simple from now on...White everything i.e. sheets, towels.  Simplify.


The chevron throw was on clearance at Pottery Barn.  A pop of color...


...and speaking of color, a little more.  Accessories for his desk area.

I am struggling with lighting, as the budget is waning and I haven't seen anything I like.  We'll try again this weekend to find something.  The window seat/window treatments have not been addressed either.  Accessory issues are propelling me into panic mode.  I love the room so much as-is, but it needs more.

And below is where we started, so it's come a long way...



Inspiration Board


You must stop by Calling it Home to see the other amazing rooms almost near completion!  The featured designers and linking participants are knocking it out of the park this go-around.  I can't wait to feature some of my faves after next week!


Thanks for Visiting!

No comments: