April 9, 2015

One Room Challenge ~ Tween Room {Week Two}

Well, hardly a productive week. Between Easter and the mother of all sinus infections, I've really only collected packages from the UPS guy. 

I have GOT to get moving on purchasing carpet (especially since I dropped a red solo cup of paint while cutting in...) and the furniture switch. 

But accessories are important too and those I've got! 


Bicycle pillow cover was on clearance at pottery barn and I used a cheap Walmart pillow to stuff in it (PB inserts are expensive). The tea-stained American flag is from eBay.


The lamp is from Kmart, as is the white parsons desk...


The two combined with shipping were $80. Kmarts rewards program is pretty lucrative, if you want to check it out. 


Another painting mishap. The window seat will be sanded and painted.


My linens came in and were from Pottery Barn and Macys.  My new motto is all linens and towels will be white (for the most part) and bleach-able. Because boys.



This is our office right now, I am in serious need of a yard sale. Anyone need a 4-foot rattan giraffe?


One of my inspiration pics.  I learned this week that the bed I inherited is not brass, but plated cast iron. *Little tip* if you acquire a brass bed or furniture...magnets will not stick to solid brass. 

So that's where I am at this week. Next to tackle, picking out and scheduling carpet and a ceiling fixture.  

Check out all the other goodness at Calling it Home.

Thanks for visiting!



No comments: