March 24, 2014

Nicoise-ish Salad {my favorite salads}

I'm sharing some of my favorite, go-to salads this week.  We are all trying to lighten up our meal plans and I am sharing some throwback recipes that have been successful for me in the past (and hopefully the future!)

They are easy to prepare and can be thrown together quickly for lunch or dinner.

The traditional version of this famous, French salad uses potatoes and an anchovy-based vinaigrette.  I omit the potatoes and use store-bought dressing.  I'm trying to eat lighter, not recreate the wheel!


Salad Nicoise-ish

Mixed greens
Green beans, blanched
Lg. black olives, pitted and sliced
Red bell peppers, sliced
Hard boiled egg, chopped
1 Can high-quality tuna
Capers, handful or to taste
{all amounts are to taste.  More of what you love and less of what you don't}

I serve this wish a lite honey-dijon store-bought dressing.

Thanks for visiting!

Prototype Mama

Jam Hands

Miz Helen’s Country Cottage








 photo SimpleSupperTuesday_zps93ff0e49.jpg“ />


The Best Blog Recipes


No comments: