March 25, 2014

Grilled Chix Caesar Salad {my favorite salads}

My husband sneak-peeked the blog, he's not thrilled about the week of salads.  He's probably sneaking McDonald's in for lunch to compensate. This one isn't exactly healthy, but I can pass it off as a meal for dinner.


Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

2 Large chicken breasts, marinated, grilled
Romaine lettuce and hearts, chopped
1 Cup shredded Parmesan, Romano or Locatelli
1 Cup pretty, bite-size pasta (rotini, farfalle, etc..)
Caesar dressing, to taste
Croutons, to taste
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
{all amounts are to taste. More of what you love and less of what you don't}

I marinate the hell out of my chicken...at least 24 hours.  Grill and let sit for at least 30 minutes.  Chop your lettuces, grate your cheese and mix in a large salad bowl with tongs.  Slice/chop your chicken breasts and add to bowl.  Add dressing and pasta and mix with tongs.  I lightly dress my salads, if someone wants more dressing, they can add it later.  Serve salad with add'l grated cheese and freshly ground pepper.  

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: