September 30, 2011

Fresh & Healthy...from Costco

We've all been at Costco, or Sam's Club, or BJ's, depending on your region during sample hour. Dips, cheeses, cakes, pizza, meatballs on a toothpick, pretzel crisps, frozen hors d'oeuvres are yours for the sampling at the end of each aisle. It's a grazers paradise. I can also say that my facebook status has a few times been.."Damn, I missed sample hour at Costco!" It makes it too easy for making poor decisions. This is just a little idea from me to you on purchasing and eating healthy from Costco.
You will need a bag of frozen tilapia filets and a frozen bag of asian stir-fry veggies. Coat the tilapia with a mixture of honey, soy sauce, chopped green onions, red paper flakes, sesame seeds and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily. While the fish is baking, stir fry your frozen veggies in hot oil (I use olive) and a few spritz's of soy or teriyaki sauce until crisp cooked. And that's it...a quick, healthy meal from Costco that will save you from eating half a box of spanakopita (you know what I am talking about fellow Costco-ers!)
While not an true recipe, I am still going to link up for some recipe swaps. I gotta break out some recent Southern Living and conduct my test kitchen again. Remember this gem: http://coastalpines.blogspot.com/2011/04/bacon-herb-cupcakes-lets-eat-recipe.html.

Thank you for dropping by ~ I appreciate your visit! xoxox Traci

Photobucket

No comments: