September 23, 2011

The Chocolate Belles

I'm lucky enough to live near a fabulous candy & cake craft shop, The Chocolate Belles. The store has been a fixture in our area for as long as I can remember. They are now online for your shopping pleasure. Not only do they offer TONS of products, they have instructional videos. If you're nearby, they offer candy-making and cake-decorating classes. They made the favors for my baby Brennans baby shower and they came out beautifully. Wish I had a pic of the caramel, butterscotch and chocolate safari animals beautifully packaged.
Last nite I made a batch of *fall leaves* chocolate lollipops for Collins Birthday this weekend to distribute during his soccer game on Saturday.
Of course my pictures are loaded backwards....I'm a lil' rusty...

You just melt the chocolate (they sell chocolate in almost every color, too!) in the micro for about 1 minute at 40% power. Affix the sticks in the molds, spoon in the melted chocolate and stick in freezer for 15-20 minutes. Repeat.
Here is my "artistic" photo. Lollipops in a gravy boat...not so much. I cellophane bagged the pops and tied them with ribbon. Going to do a batch of Halloween pops for Brennans birthday at school as well...

I know not exactly a "foodie" post, but I wanted to share this fabulous project and site. Please visit The Chocolate Belles for more information and ideas: http://thechocolatebelles.com/

No comments: