February 3, 2014

Drop Leaf Table ~ Phase One

Finally tackled my vintage drop leaf table over the weekend.  I blogged about it here. 

On Saturday the weather cleared and warmed up enough for me to paint outside and now we are getting snow again.  Talk about a window of opportunity.


I did not sand the table; letting the imperfections and its age show through.


I used Rustoleum flat black spray paint.  Letting some of the honey finish show on the spindle legs.


I still want to distress it a touch and...


place and style it.  It's scale is too small for the foyer, so back will go...


the bench into the foyer.


I need to do some serious rearranging.


Wherever the drop leaf table will land in our home, I am thinking of using the vintage travel poster above it.

Stay tuned!

Thanks for visiting!

Furniture Feature Fridays
Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home



A Stroll Thru Life

Photobucket/


No comments: