October 19, 2011

Spooky Party Treats {repost}

Repost from 2010 ~ Still my favorite Halloween Party Treats!

Happy Halloween! Easy treats for your costume parties or lay out a spread during trick~or~treat for friends and neighbors that may pop in!

I posted these recipe/displays last year when I got the idea from Woman's Day Magazine (photo courtesy of Woman's Day)

I started with deviled eggs; using sliced olives for the eye-balls and pimento for the "bloodshot." I laid them on a bed of black beans for an even grosser effect.

In the pumpernickel bread coffin is your standard spinach dip...
accentuated with plastic spiders and eyeball & pumpkins candies that can be found currently in the Halloween candy aisles. I loved Womans Day version with the skeleton even more, but I was pressed for time...with a little pre-planning you can recreate these, or improve upon them. Enjoy!


Thanks for visiting! xoxo Traci

No comments: