October 11, 2011

Ghosts of Halloween Past

Halloween is all about the kids now, but I'd like to revisit my favorite costumes from the past. My all time favorite was...
The beauty school drop-outs circa 2007. A lot of time went in to making those hats (that had to be carefully balanced upon the head, let me tell you!)
Outrageous dresses can be found at many junior retailers i.e. Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, Joyce Leslie. We found the silver dresses first and the idea came later. Party store top hats, Dollar Store curlers and lots of silver glitter spray completed the look.
Creative makeup by MAC helped me achieve my 2008, 2009, 2010, etc. look (mainly because the "cat" outfit still fits and is comfy!)
The top came from Charlotte Russe. Tights, boots and accessories make for a festive outfit. Many accessories can be found in the kids section at Dollar Tree.

And if you don't already know. MAC cosmetics (located in my Macy's, some are freestanding) will apply your make-up for free (and a tip to the makeup artist) with a $50 purchase. By the time I stock up on eye cream, lip gloss and a tub of Embark (my signature color), I'm home free (no pun intended).

Hoping my post will give you some ideas and/or inspiration for your own costumes this year.

I'm concentrating on Brennans costume this year...looking forward to showing it off here in a couple of weeks. Thanks for visiting! xoxo Traci

No comments: