October 31, 2011

Phoenixville Foundry

If you have occasion to visit or live in the Philadelphia suburbs and need a venue, I strongly suggest the Phoenixville Foundry. We attended a wedding there this weekend and found it to be beautiful and unique.
Built in 1882 and abandoned after the decline of the steel industry, the current owners blend old and new at this event space.
Dramatic lighting, steel and wood is complimented by the crystal of the chandeliers. Sadly, these are all blackberry photos that not even Picnik could enhance. I could have gotten some incredible shots if I'd remembered my camera...sigh.
This wooden cantilever crane is said to be the largest and last of its kind in the US.
There was amazing thick, seeded glass on the balcony railings (not new)...really beautiful the way the lights played off of it.
I was just loving the industrial accents all over. The weekend snowfall just added to the ambiance.

No comments: