January 10, 2014

Play Room {rough draft}

This is our playroom.  It's a hot mess.


We are working on cleaning out and fixing it up.  This may be my One Room Challenge Project for the Spring.  I also plan to freshen up the small bath off of this room {pics to follow}


The plan is to clean out, donate, paint, window treat, shelve and update it electronically.  From toddler to Pre-teen.  Here are some inspiration photos...


Here's the fo-sho...Walls will be blue, couch is brown, flooring will be hidden with a large area rug.


The boys PB beans bags (choco brown with polka dots) will provide extra cushion.


Mucho storage will be needed.


I will cover up outdated floral canvases with old tees.


Looking hard at the PB Classic stripe drapes in navy or taupe (they're on sale and I've got coupons!).  I will add blackout lining for serious gaming and movie watching.


Chalkboard wall.  Already done; you can see it here.


Considering Sherwin Williams Rain for the walls.


Searching for the perfect geometric rug and video game storage.

Still in the early stages of planning this room.  Since I'm the painter in the family, it will be up to me to find the time and energy to do this large room (which also encompasses the powder room and a kitchenette.  Thanks for visiting and indulging my messy thoughts!

Furniture Feature Fridays




No comments: