November 29, 2010

Lost many pictures from Thanksgiving...UGH!!!

I salvaged this pic....
this one too....the "Publix" pilgrims and a Brandy Alexander!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am having trouble downloading my pics, so I did this nifty little survey I saw on another blog..... maybe ?!? pics to follow....


1. What are your plans for the holidays? Do you travel at Thanksgiving? If you celebrate Christmas, do you travel then, too?
We travel to family on the Outer Banks for Thanksgiving, my in-laws for Christmas Eve and home for Christmas Day where I serve a brunch until my husband has to go to work at 1pm :(
2. How do you make the plans for the holiday? If you have a significant other, how do you decide which family to visit?
Due to the nature of my husbands job(law enforcement), he is normally working on Holidays but we live in his jurisdiction (as do my in-laws) so he can stop home to eat for a bit…unless they are very busy….Unfortunately he also cannot accompany us to NC for Thanksgiving, but I am hoping that changes in a few years….it’s my favorite place and time to go!
3. Do you have your Thanksgiving meal at lunch or later in the day?
We have Thanksgiving dinner between 6-7pm. We do appetizers and festive cocktails at around 1pm (to stretch our tummies!). If we ate early we would just hit the leftovers later in the day anyway and the table looks so beautiful at dusk….
4. Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
The parade, group food preparation, Brandy Alexanders(our traditional Thanksgiving cocktail in our grandmothers crystal), Great Grandmothers china and of course the FOOD and we rarely deviate from our typical menu….
5. After a big meal do you lounge around or get up and take a walk?
We clean up, relax by the fire, watch tv and get ready for dessert (of which I don’t eat, but I am known to go back for more stuffing!)
6. Do you shop on “Black Friday” or do you avoid it?
I did it once (far from home, would NEVER do it in NJ…too crazy) and that was enough for me….
7. When do you usually finish your Christmas shopping?
A couple days before Christmas, when I run out for last minute stuff.
8. Do you and your significant other exchange gifts? Is there a budget?
We have in the past, but we are limiting it this year to around $20 bucks. Besides, it’s all about the kids now…..
9. When do you decorate for the holidays?
Not soon enough!!!! I am actually late this year thanks to the flu and strep throat…but we should have it done by this weekend.
10. Do you go “all out” with the decor or do you keep it simple?
I used to go all out, I may have to edit myself this year due to a very precocious 1-year old…..

No comments: