September 13, 2013

First Impressions

My husband was hospitalized for a stomach ailment over the past weekend, so I felt the need to stay busy, to avoid thinking about his absence (he's home and will be fine, thank goodness).  So I bribed the kid with the iPad, candy and sidewalk chalk and finally started to tackle our side entrance door.


I love the color.  I used Valspar Duramax satin from Lowe's in Claret from the Eddie Bauer Palette.  I'm a huge fan of the Eddie Bauer color line (especially the Bungalow Gold), I have it in almost every room I've painted in our new house.


Before pic with our new light fixture.  Shortly, I will change out the impatiens for pansies & mums and add some chunkier trim around the door.  Perhaps a wreath or a fun doorknocker.  New siding is not an option....until we {when we} win the lottery.


This is one of my inspiration photos.


This is an inspiration photo of what will hopefully be our new front door.  This is where I switch to Home Depot. This is a

6-Lite Craftsman Chestnut Mahogany Fiberglass Entry Door.  Our current front door is a hot mess, I will only share pics after it's GONE.

That's next on the list.

It's amazing how a coat of paint and a simple, low-cost project can lift your spirits.

By the way...look for me on Instagram

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: