February 17, 2011

I don't bake

I like to cook though, but rarely on a weeknite. We usually make salads or grill during the week. I certainly don't use pie crust...Stop & Shop had em' on sale so why not try an easy-peasy weeknite pot pie?
The only pie plate I have...purely for decorative purposes round Thanksgiving time.
Look at the crust handiwork! I used a combo of the finger/fork flute. I DID do the cut-outs by hand (so proud)
Looks better baked :-D
Wasn't too bad, hubby scooped up most of it. The secret to getting him to eat veggies without dip...bake them in pastry.


Recipe (from Pillsbury)
2 Refrig'd pie crusts, softened according to box
2 cups cooked diced chicken (I boiled and shredded mine)
2 cups mixed veggies, thawed
1/2 teaspoon of thyme
12 oz. jar of roasted chicken gravy
1. Preheat oven to 400 and lay pie crust in dish and up the sides
2. In saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat, pour into crust-lined dish
3. Unfold 2nd crust and using a paring knife or cookie cutter, make vent holes. Top pot pie with crust and seal any way you can! Or you can be fancy by fluting with your fingers or a fork!
4. I baked at 400 for 30-35 minutes (we're overcookers, like everything well done but steak). You can also protect the crust with strips of foil to keep it from browning too much, we didn't do that either and it was fine.


This was a quicky, slightly healthy weeknite dinner for a busy family, so I thought I'd share! Happy Thursday!!

No comments: