February 9, 2011

{2nd} Homes I Love...

Kill Devil Hills, NC aka OBX. Although we live at the shore, a very similar shore, it's one of my favorite places on earth. I have family that migrated from NJ there, have spent alot of time there and apparently I have a realtor there...Realtor *Greg* has sent me listings for a couple of years now. Mostly the listings are beautiful and unattainable or cheap and really dumpy (I'm talking trailers in marshes with beer bottle art) Then I get this listing. The above is the view from the Oyster Point condo. I'll take a bay~nature view anyday....
Bright, clean and nice doors to the balcony...
Fireplace and built-ins...good, good...
Groups of windows...okay not my "wall of windows", but a nice grouping. Again, clean and bright.
Nice door and pleasant entry, I can work with Parquet flooring...


So I am wanting this place so bad I can taste it...it's literally the price of a luxury car loan (or two). Two beds, 2 full baths, fireplace, low taxes and hoa's, canal front with the sound beyond....TEMP-TING. We are a few years away from having a second home (although Publishers Clearinghouse drawing is mere weeks away...), I can dream....


Who out there has a vacation or second home? Is it comfy or opulent? Furnished new or with thrifted finds and cast-offs? I love the thought of decorating a vacation home purely with found items...talk about a blank slate, it would teach me to be more creative!

No comments: