April 3, 2013

Tomato Cream Sauce {Recipe Swap}

Sounds elegant right?  It's not. It's just ridiculously easy and will feed a family of four QUICKLY during the week. 






Tomato Cream Sauce

2 Cans Campbells Tomato Soup
1 Pint of Heavy Cream
Cooked Pasta

Heat the soup in a saucepan over medium high heat.  Add heavy cream slowly, stirring as you go.  You must taste as you go along, you want the cream to add to the soup, but you don't want to lose that tomatoey-tang.  I used just shy of a pint for our family.  You want to cook this for 5-10 minutes on medium heat (stirring) and then add your cooked pasta.  Cook on low for another ten minutes (stirring) to let the pasta absorb the sauce.  I used rotini, but a rigatoni or a penne would work nicely.  I served with a side of chicken meatballs, arugula salad and a nice semolina.

Disclaimer:  This is not what I'd prepare on a weekend!  I'm slightly more complex than that and I love recipes that take hours, but on a Tuesday when I have karate, soccer, laundry & bills to pay - this is PERFECT!

 Original recipe found here.  Sarah's blog is one of my faves...funny, informative and once in awhile, even I, can pull off one of her recipes.  This one here was super groovy...

Thanks for visiting!

Miz Helen’s Country Cottage




No comments: