February 25, 2013

Thoughts on Monday {Damn Sandy & Polar Plunge}


2+ years ago I did one of my "Homes I Love" posts on this gorgeous beach front home.  You can see the original post here:  Homes I Love ~ Normandy Beach

It was a charming, sweet shore home.  If I remember correctly, it was on the market for $1.4, $1.5 million, and sold furnished.

Now this home is for sale, structure only - to be picked up and moved to the lot of your choice for $175,000.  

Another hurricane Sandy casualty...

On a brighter note...

My husband completed his Polar Bear Plunge '13, raising over $1,000 for the Special Olympics.  It was rainy, damp and about 44 degrees which wasn't too bad compared to 2012's 23* and snow.

Historically held in Seaside Heights, NJ, the plunge was relocated to a town about 40 minutes north.  There was a lower turnout than normal {nothing is normal now}, but they still raised over a million dollars!


Kind of how you feel the next day when your breakfast consists of Bloody Mary's and Jameson-spiked coffee.  Not really, just thought this was hysterical...(but that was our breakfast on Saturday)


Plunge supporters.  I'll pledge, I don't plunge.


Braveheart theme.  Congrats to my husband, friends and coworkers who completed yet another year!

Thanks for visiting ~ have a great week!

No comments: